Wednesday, September 29, 2010

T is for Telling The Truth

After 2.5 weeks of, in my book, success in the schooling realm, I knew it was only a matter of time before today hit. I know we are doing the right thing by homeschooling our children, but today I found myself wishing I could have just sent them both off to public school for the day.

We got a later than normal start to our day and I just couldn't seem to find my groove with the lessons. Things just weren't flowing, creativity was lacking, frustrations were running high, and it's cold and rainy outside. I also figured out the reason as to why elderly folks tend to repeat themselves so often. It's because they spent so many of their years raising children. The broken record syndrome seems to be upon me.

And so, I did what any good homeschooling mother would do. I put both kids down for naps and I found that bag of Dove chocolates from our Nest lesson.

Coincidentally, today's lesson dealt with perseverance...

We'll try that one again tomorrow.

No comments: