Friday, October 22, 2010

Down on the Farm

Our goat lesson, as well as the next two lessons we will be doing, have a farm theme to them. Since my husband just so happens to be an ag lender at a bank, I'm trying to get him to set up a visit to one of his client's farms to go along with these lessons. Hopefully that will work out because I know the kids would love it!

For our snack today, I made chickens out of hard boiled eggs, cheese, ham, and bacon bits.

Both these books were great, but I especially liked the first one - "Farming" by Gail Gibbons. It described a farm and the various farm activities that take place during each season of the year.

We created a farm animal book. Each page had the sentence "In the barn there was a _____" and Madison wrote in the name of the animal that she had colored and glued to the paper. The book had a cow, a pig, a horse, a chicken, a duck, and a goat.
(the barn and animals templates were from www.abcteach.com)

Madison completed an ABC dot-to-dot picture of a duck, a matching worksheet where she had to match the baby farm animal to the adult farm animal, and a Barnyard Color worksheet where she had to follow the directions and color each item in the picture the color that was specified.
(www.makinglearningfun.com)
(http://www.alphabet-soup.net/farm/farmmatch.html)
(http://www.tlsbooks.com/barnyardcolors.pdf)

First Letter on the Farm worksheet
(http://www.tlsbooks.com/firstletteronthefarm.pdf)

Label the Farm Animal worksheet - great practice in handwriting!
(http://www.tlsbooks.com/labelthepicturefarmanimals.pdf)

No comments: